Ways to practice Ahimsän according to this page:
· Not to
engage in gossip, or not to talk bad about anybody
· Refrain from anger
and jealousy towards others
· Cooperate rather than compete
Think well rather than bad about others
· Minimize your wants and
desires - don’t be greedy
· Increase your knowledge of nature to enable
you to respect it
· Do not waste food - Take as much as you can eat
· Use energy wisely - Turn lights off when you leave the room.
Paper is made from trees - every paper wasted is an unnecessary loss of life
· Do not tease or intentionally hurt someone’s feelings.
And of course I would add: Do not eat the flesh of animals. Let nature decide when they may depart from this earth.